Saturday, September 17, 2016

September 17, 2016
                                                           

                                                            OBEDIENCE  


How often are we inspired by the Holy Spirit to create a masterpiece or to do an assignment for the upliftment of ourselves and humanity? It is the Holy Spirit that inspire us and the Divine Messenger, Archangel Gabriel, who delivers the how, why, and where for the accomplishment. Yet, sometimes, we woefully decide to do the opposite of what was asked of us. And as we deviate from the message we encounter more obstacles than necessary or the assignment unravels and we become exasperated. We display disbelief, anger, and frustration when the assignment does not succeed in the way we had planned. We asked ourselves “What went wrong?”

We tell ourselves we had followed the instructions to the letter but in retrospect, we could clearly see where we had deviated from the path that was laid out before us. There were signs all along the way that say “Stop! Do not go forward you are off track” but we did not adhere to the messages. We, then, were not really obedient nor were we fully compliant.

Sometimes we ignore the message because we are uncomfortable because it does not fit in our plans, our way of thinking, or our lifestyle. Out of fear, sometimes, we convince ourselves that we lack the ability to accomplish the task. However, when we act in faith, the message is never wrong. The message might not be as straightforward as we would like but in that instant we are called to exercise our faith and trust in the Divine. We all know that there is always light at the end of the tunnel.  

I remembered sometime ago around 2011 I had just come home from work.  On entering the house I do recall vividly saying there has to be more meaning to my life than this. I heard “go back to school and change your lifestyle”. I thought to myself this was not what I had in mind but the message was persistent for the next couple of days. 

I have always been drawn to crystals so I thought I would find a crystal class and it should be easy and this would satisfy the school part of the message.  I looked up classes at the Southwest Institute of Healing Arts (SWIHA) and I enrolled in a crystal class.  I went into the class expecting to gain the full knowledge of how crystals work and their healing properties.

To my dismay it was far from easy. I came away from the class not knowing much of anything. Incidentally, I never followed up with any other classes. I did not appreciate the relevance of my going back to school neither did I have the right attitude and passion to absorb the intricacies of each crystal. Going back to school was part of the preparation I would need for the career change that was awaiting me. It would take me another 3 years to fully grasp the direction the Holy Spirit was pointing me. I had convinced myself that on the one hand I was being obedient yet on the other hand I was not being fully compliant. 


About a year after that class I was filled with energy vibrating throughout my body. Frankly, I did not know what was going on and the few spiritual people I knew could not tell me what to do with this energy and even though I was asking for an answer from the Holy Spirit it was not forthcoming or I was not listening. However, my intuition told me that this was a Divine Manifestation so I was not afraid.

I was also told to abstain from eating chemical processed food. Yet again, I was not fully compliant with the message. I did not change my lifestyle. I continued to eat chemically laden food and imbibed. Because I was not in total compliance I was beset with many obstacles on the job as well as hospitalization. Upon looking back on what took place in my life, the pathway would have been much smoother if I had only yield completely and obeyed fully the message that was given to me.

We live in a three-dimensional world and seldom see the bigger picture.   We only know in part and not the whole.  The Holy Spirit sees the whole picture. And each step of the way the parts that needed to be in place for the assignment have already been done. All we have to do is to comply and obey. I am reminded of 1 Samuel 15:22, New International Version (NIV) “To obey is better than sacrifice.” However, when we disobey we become like Saul. Saul failed to destroy the enemy and their possessions as instructed by God and forfeited the end result of the assignment.  

So, can we ask ourselves: are we in compliance with the task that we had promised to do when we were reincarnated? Are we being fully obedient with our assignment to give unconditional love, to send healing and forgiveness to ourselves and to those that hurt us; to send light into darkness, to send compassion to those in need?  We find it far easier to love those around us who return our love than to love those who look and act different from us. We avoid the dark side of ourselves and become dispassionate and unyielding to others who only mirror and shine the light to ourselves.


We can become obedient and make the world a better place by loving each other and by becoming more inclusive. We can become obedient and compliant and change our outlook and reach for the higher ground. And our way of being always makes an impact. As we go through life’s journey we can continue to ride the love train and make room for other passengers to get on board.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Acellia,
    Thank you for sharing your beautiful insight.
    Your World Peace Comrade,
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete